BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Warms and relaxes muscles making injury less likely.
- Muscle elasticity and muscle condition is improved.
- Reduces muscle fatigue and speeds up tissue recovery and repair.
- Metabolic rate and energy levels are increased.
- Helps to drain wastage, improving the lymphatic system.
- Reduces mental stress and so enhances relaxation and feelings of health and well-being.
- Slow massage can help to reduce high blood pressure.
- Increases postural awareness.
- Oil lubricates the skin, improving texture, colour and condition.
- Sebaceous and sweat glands are stimulated, which helps to detox.
- Drink plenty of water in small, frequent amounts.
- Eat a light diet.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol because of their diuretic effect.
- Take plenty of rest if needed.
Be aware of ‘healing responses’. Massage treatments activate the body’s own natural healing power. Some forms of reactions may be inevitable as the body rids itself of toxins. Certain conditions may feel worse before improving.